Redefining Organizational and Student Assessment
Policy makers may equate assessment with standardized testing.
But standardized tests alone cannot measure a quality education, or help you truly know and grow your students.
As a school leader, you have the power to broaden student assessment.
In addition to standardized test scores, you can report equally important data to your school board:
- Increase in hope
- Increased attendance
- Increased teacher retention
- Improved attitudes toward learning
- Rigorous student projects
- Examples of service projects and engaged citizenship
- Teacher action research
- Invigorated parental involvement
- Reduced disciplinary issues
- Positive press
- Student and parent satisfaction surveys